Education: IAT Certificate Level II. Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
Training and Experience: Minimum of 3 years experience as Systems Administrator.
General Skills: Must be able to handle multiple tasks, work independently, flexible in work assignments, detail oriented, highly organized, takes initiative, and possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work with little to no supervision.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Security Clearance: Ability to obtain/maintain security clearance level of “Secret”.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recognize a potential security violation, take appropriate action to report and mitigate any adverse impact.
- Provide end users support for all operating systems, peripherals and applications.
- Identify areas of weakness.
- Apply appropriate access controls.
- Install and operate the system in a test configuration manner that does not alter the program code or compromise security safeguards.
- Conduct tests of safeguards.
- Comply with system termination procedures and incident reporting requirements related to potential security incidents or actual breaches.
- Implement online warnings to inform users of access rules for systems.
- Implement applicable patches including vulnerability alerts (VA), vulnerability bulletins (VB) and technical advisories (TA) for the operating system(s).
- Understand and implement technical vulnerability corrections.
- Enter assets in a vulnerability management system.
- Implement DoD and DoD Component password policy.
- Implement specific security countermeasures.
- Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware/software problems.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- MCAS New River, Jacksonville, NC
Apply for this Position
THIS APPLICATION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT but merely is intended to evaluate suitability for employment. It is the policy of the company to provide equal employment to all qualified persons without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal law. It is also the policy of the company to have the option of conducting pre-employment screening before a job offer is made. If a job offer is made, employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening and/or medical examination. This application will remain active for 2 years.