Education: High school diploma or equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, and/or work/military experience.
Training and Experience: Completion of the 15W UGS. FAA Advanced Ground Instructor (AGI) or FAA Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) certification. Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an instructor in an Aviation field. UAS experience preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Security Clearance: Must maintain a Secret level security clearance.
- Recognition of critical weather situations from the ground and in flight, wind shear avoidance and proper use of aeronautical weather reports and forecasts.
- Principles of aerodynamics, power plants, and aircraft systems.
- Airfield Operations, traffic patterns, airfield lighting, landing indicators, signage, and markings.
- Airspace Operations in the National Airspace system and tactical environments.
- Air Traffic Control rules, regulations, and interactions.
- Radio communication procedures.
- Compute aircraft performance based on effects of density altitude, weight and balance, and weather.
- Applicable Federal and Military Aviation Regulations.
- Use of aeronautical charts for Visual Flight Rules (VFR) navigation using pilotage, dead reckoning, and navigation systems.
- A safe and efficient operation of aircraft, including collision avoidance, and recognition and avoidance of wake turbulence.
- Aeronautical decision making.
- Flight planning and pre flight action that includes information on runway lengths at airports of intended use, data on takeoff and landing distances, weather reports, fuel requirements; and emergency procedures preparatory to system specific training in the operation of Shadow 200, and Gray Eagle UAS.
- Operations IAW AR 95-23, TC 3-04.61, TC 3-04.63, and TC 3-04.45 preparatory to system specific training in the operation of Shadow 200 and Gray Eagle UASs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct UAS instruction using lesson plans and material provided by the Government IAW the applicable regulations listed in the references section listed within each specific TO.
- Test/re-test student(s) in accordance with Government provided references, procedures and forms.
- Grade students’ work in accordance with Government provided references, procedures, and forms.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Fort Huachuca, Sierra, AZ
Apply for this Position
THIS APPLICATION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT but merely is intended to evaluate suitability for employment. It is the policy of the company to provide equal employment to all qualified persons without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal law. It is also the policy of the company to have the option of conducting pre-employment screening before a job offer is made. If a job offer is made, employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening and/or medical examination. This application will remain active for 2 years.