Education: High school diploma or equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, and/or work/military experience.
Training and Experience: Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Aviation Reconnaissance and Surveillance. UAS experience preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Security Clearance: Must maintain a Secret level security clearance.
- Application of map reading techniques for UAS Operations.
- Capabilities and limitations of Army UAS Systems and their payloads.
- Fundamentals of UAS Missions with emphasis on teaming of manned and unmanned aircraft (MUM-T) missions; route, zone, and area reconnaissance; aerial surveillance; security operations; attack operations, and other UAS missions.
- Fundamentals of laser safety, different types of lasers on UAS payloads, employment, capabilities and effective utilization of lasers during UAS missions.
- Fundamentals of UAS tasking to include the Operations Process; Mission, Enemy, Terrain and Weather, Troops and support, – Time available and Civil considerations (METT-TC); and coordination of UAS collection and planning methods that encompass the Concept of Operations.
- Fundamentals of the five S methodology to help identify targets. Advantages and limitations of motion imagery, imaging sensors, grazing angles, enemy deception methods and techniques, IR characteristics, capabilities and limitations, and how to analyze and interpret IR imagery from a UAS perspective.
- Fundamentals of Ground Considerations in Operational Reach to include an overview of areas, infrastructure, Lines of Communications (LOCs), and activities of Tactical Importance.
- Fundamentals of UAS support to the tactical assets of the six respective Warfighting Functions.
- Characteristics and limitations of Intelligence and Intelligence products, to include the targeting process, target intelligence, target development, target types, and combat assessment.
- Fundamentals of the Intelligence Preparation for the Battlefield (IPB) process as an UAS operator will support the commander’s tactical decision-making by providing information that enhances situational awareness of the operational environment.
- Concepts and application of Army reporting formats to include SALUTE, SALT, SPOT and BDA reports.
- Concepts and application of imagery identification techniques.
- Concepts and participants in the operational environment; the eight operational variables and the range of military operations.
- Concepts of how a UAS operates in offensive, defensive, stability, and defense support of civil authorities operations.
- Fratricide and how to prevent it as a UAS operator thru positive identification of targets and situational awareness.
- Concepts and application of military Symbology.
- IAW AR 95-23, TC 3-04.61, TC 3-04.63, and TC 3-04.45 preparatory to system specific training in the operation of Shadow 200 and Gray Eagle UAS’s.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct UAS instruction using lesson plans and material provided by the Government IAW the applicable regulations listed in the references section listed within each specific TO.
- Test/re-test student(s) in accordance with Government provided references, procedures and forms.
- Grade students’ work in accordance with Government provided references, procedures, and forms.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Fort Huachuca, Sierra, AZ
Apply for this Position
THIS APPLICATION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT but merely is intended to evaluate suitability for employment. It is the policy of the company to provide equal employment to all qualified persons without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal law. It is also the policy of the company to have the option of conducting pre-employment screening before a job offer is made. If a job offer is made, employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening and/or medical examination. This application will remain active for 2 years.