Education: Bachelors degree in aviation or related field.
Training and Experience: Previous experience within the last 7 years as an Electronic Warfare Office on RC-135U/V/W/S or comparable aircraft or qualified as a contract instructor in an aircraft listed within the preceding two years. Previous flight instructor/evaluator experience on RC-135U/V/W/S or comparable aircraft with in-flight refueling receive experience or qualified as a contract instructor in an aircraft listed within the preceding two years. Top secret security clearance with SCI access required.
Must complete a formal Criterion Referenced Instruction (CRI) course within six months after start of training as an instructor. Completion of the Air Combat Command Classroom. Instructor Course or MAJCOM equivalent, satisfies the CRI requirement.
Preferred qualifications: More than 1,000 flying hours in aircraft listed above. Previous experience as an academic platform instructor. Previous experience as a training device (simulator) instructor. Qualified in aircraft listed above within the preceding four years.
Skills: Possess excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills; handle multiple tasks; flexible in work assignments; and work with little to no supervision.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Instruct and measures training progress of student Electronic Warfare Officers (EWO) who train in the established aircrew training curriculum.
- Conducts briefings and debriefings and counsels with student Electronic Warfare Officers (EWO) to develop and maintain a high level of proficiency.
- Provides inputs for courseware corrections and modifications and to updates for training policies and procedures.
- Maintains a high level of subject knowledge, capability and expertise.
- Provides subject matter expertise for courseware development, modification and correction as well as updating training policies and procedures.
- Conducts academics, aircrew training device [simulator, part task trainers (PTT)] instruction and other ground training to student Navigator crew members in operating procedures, including diagnosis and remediation of student problems.
- Assist in projects and development work as assigned.
- Performs administrative duties relative to training such as recordkeeping, monitoring student progress, counseling, training development and maintenance of training programs.
- Serves as aircraft type Electronic Warfare Officer (EWO) Subject Matter Expert (SME) for curriculum development, students and other personnel as required.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.